|For the list of features added from April 2017 to July 2019, see Feature Updates—April 2017 to July 2019.|
Features Introduced in January 2020
Cisco Smart License Status
BE4000 offers support to partners and customer administrators to view the status of Cisco Smart License of their sites.
- Cisco partners and customer administrators can view the Registration Status of their smart account and license status under Manage Site>Settings>Licensing. Click Refresh Status to view the updated Smart Licensing status of your site.
- The feature menu section of BE4000 Partner Portal dashboard now includes a column for the feature License. The License column displays the Cisco Smart License status of your BE4000 site.
For more information on Cisco Smart License status, see Smart License. For more information on the License column in feature menu section of BE4000 Partner Portal, see Cisco Business Edition 4000 Management Portal Dashboard.
Features Introduced in October 2019
Custom Outbound Caller ID
BE4000 offers support to define a custom outbound caller ID for the outbound calls on a SIP trunk. Enter the custom outbound call ID in the field Custom Outbound Caller ID under Manage Site>Direct Inward Dial Numbers>Outbound Caller ID. For more information, see Direct Inward Dial Numbers.
DID Inbound Call Mapping is Reset on Disabling Hardware Conference
When you disable Hardware Conference, BE4000 reverts to the default Built-In Bridge conference mode. In this scenario, the mapping of incoming calls on the DID number to a Meet Me conference number is reset. Hence, the incoming calls on the DID number are directed to the default target number. For more information, see Direct Inward Dial Numbers.
Meet Me Softkey on Cisco IP Conference Phone 7832
BE4000 now supports the Meet Me softkey on Cisco IP Conference Phone 7832. If conferencing is enabled, Meet Me softkey is displayed on the Cisco IP Conference Phone 7832 registered to BE4000.
Features Introduced in August 2019
Edit Outbound Caller ID
BE4000 allows you to edit the format of the number in Outbound Caller ID based on your requirements. The outbound number need not be same as the Direct Inward Dial numbers (DID) in Inbound Call Mapping. Check the check box Outbound Caller IDs do not match Direct Inward Dial numbers to make your outbound number editable. For more information, see Direct Inward Dial Numbers.
Map Direct Inward Dial to Meet Me Extension
BE4000 offers support to map the incoming calls on the Direct Inward Dial (DID) number to a target. Apart from the existing target types of Auto Attendant, Hunt Group and Extension, you can map the incoming calls on the Direct Inward Dial (DID) number to a Meet Me conference number in BE4000. For more information, see Direct Inward Dial Numbers.
- Direct Inward Dial (DID) Numbers—Up to 98 numbers are supported for SIP trunks and 98 numbers for ISDN trunks (PRI and BRI).
- SIP Trunk—Options Ping—Options Ping configuration added with the custom SIP template does not work as expected. If the SIP provider requires you to use Options Ping feature, contact the service provider on boarding team by sending an email to email@example.com.
NoteMany SIP providers use Options Ping inbound to the BE4000. In such cases, it is recommended not to configure Options Ping.
- Configuration Wizard—When a non-deployed configuration is edited, the first page of the configuration wizard is skipped. You cannot edit the Customer Name, and Location fields. In such a case, create a new configuration through the Business Edition 4000 partner portal.
- NIM Cards
- You cannot configure a combination of BRI (NIM-2BRI-NT/TE, NIM-4BRI-NT/TE) and PRI (NIM-1MFT-T1/E1, NIM-2MFT-T1/E1, NIM-4MFT-T1/E1) cards on the BE4000 appliance.
- Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series
- Cisco Unified IP Conference Phone 8831 does not support Paging.
- Voicemail Support on FXS—The FXS ports on NIM cards do not support voicemail. If you are using an analog phone on FXS port and require voicemail support, we recommend that a Hunt Group is configured such that when the analog phone does not answer, the call is re-directed to an IP phone that has voicemail.
- Centrex Lines—Centrex lines are not supported. Only Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS) lines are supported through FXS cards.
- ATA 190 and ATA 191 Analog Telephone Adapters—
- Cisco ATA Analog Telephone Adapters can be added only post site deployment. You cannot add during initial site deployment.
- Cisco ATA Analog Telephone Adapter can be added only under Manage Site > Phones. You cannot add Cisco ATA Analog Telephone Adapter under Manage Site > Extensions and Manage Site > User Management.
- A fax call does not fall back to voice only call after the fax is sent.
- The following features are not supported:
- Single Number Reach (SNR)
- Speed dial
- Secondary Dial Tone—BE4000 does not support secondary dial tone.