Setting up Stations
You can enter the user details in two ways:
- Click “Add Row” and add the user details one by one.
- Download the template provided on the screen. Fill in the details and upload all users’ details in one go.
Step 1: Click “Add Row”.
Step 2: Choose a type of user:
- User—An extension assigned to the user. You must configure an email address associated with the user.
- Public—An extension assigned to a phone that is meant for general use by many users. You need not configure an email address. For example, the extension assigned to a phone in the conference room.
Step 3: Enter the first name and last name of the user in the “First Name” and “Last Name” columns respectively.
Step 4: Enter the display name of the user. The name entered here is displayed on the phone along with the extension number. You can enter a maximum of 12 characters.
Step 5: Enter the email address of the user. The top-level domain in the email address can contain up to six characters.
NOTE: Email address must not be more than 32 characters in length. Only letters, numbers, and the characters underscore (_), dot (.), and dash (-) are allowed in the user ID portion of the email address. Do not use spaces in the email address.
Step 6: Enter the extension number assigned to the user.
- Enter a minimum of 3 digits for an extension. Maximum number of digits in an extension can go up to 5.
- You cannot create an extension with leading zero.
- The first digit of the extension cannot be the same as the digit used for dialing an outside line, sending a call to voicemail automatically, and dialing an intercom extension.
Step 7: Choose the phone model associated with the extension.
Step 8: Choose the Class of Restriction (COR) for the extension. COR allows you to choose one of the calling privileges:
NOTE: You must select the COR for every line while adding FXS cards in the Setup Assistant.
Step 9: Enable or disable voicemail services using the “Voicemail” toggle.
Step 10: Enter the Single Number Reach (SNR) number for an extension.
SNR allows you to answer the incoming calls on the desk phone or from a mobile phone. You can also swap active calls on a desk phone or at a remote destination without disconnecting the call. You should include the area code and any additional digits that are required to obtain an outside line prefix to your destination number. Example—If 9 is the digit to dial outside line, 1 is the country code, 555 is the area code, and 9999999 is the subscriber number, you must enter 915559999999.
Step 1: Click “Download Template” to save a local copy of the template.
Step 2: Enter the end user details in the downloaded template.
Step 3: Click “Choose file” to browse and upload the file containing DID numbers. You can also drag and drop the file.