Setting up Outbound Caller ID
You can configure a specific DID number to be displayed on the called phone when an outbound call is placed from an extension within the organization. You can also set a default outbound DID number for a service provider.
Step 1: Choose a default target for all outgoing calls of the service provider. An extension without an assigned DID number displays the default outbound DID number configured for the service provider.
Step 2: Choose a DID number to be displayed on the called phone when an outbound call is placed from the extension within the organization.
You can configure a number to be reached when a caller dials zero after listening to the personal mailbox greeting.
Target Type – Choose the one of the following as the system operator target type from the Target Type drop-down list:
- Extension—Any extension that is configured for the site.
- Direct to Voicemail—Voicemail of any extension.
- Hunt Group—Any hunt group that is configured for the site.
- Group Mailbox—Any group mailbox that is configured for the site.
- Pilot Number—Any pilot number, such as Auto Attendant pilot number.
Target Number – Choose the number corresponding to the target type selected from the Target Number drop-down list.